Even if your dog is not known to be suffering from a condition or obviously lame but stiff or appears prematurely old and is displaying two or more of these parts of the ‘Galen Chronic Pain Puzzle’©. It is likely that they are experiencing chronic muscular pain and would benefit from Galen Myotherapy. Compounded chronic muscle pain can be so intense that unless effectively managed your dog’s whole health and well being can suffer.
- Postural Changes
- Neck Size
- Over extended wrists (‘down’ on the pasterns)
- Change in body shape (not balanced)
- Incorrect Head Carriage
- Half Moon
- Excessive licking or chewing of their body+
- Chewing their tail
- Chasing their tail
- Reduced levels of playfulness
- Protective aggression
- Not being able to settle / groaning
- Defecating and urinating with difficulty or adopting a strange position
Change in Appearance
- Dry Nose
- Odd areas of dull coat
- Irregular coat formation
- Tail carriage
- If your dog is lame or looks stiff.
- If your dog has an underlying condition such as arthritis that is creating lameness.
- If your dog has had an injury or trauma (recently or in the past)
- A difficult to diagnose lameness that is not responding to other treatments
“My dog FiFi, a ten-year-old Terrier / Chihuahua mix, suffered from multiple behavioural and postural problems. She had three sessions of Myotherapy at the Galen Centre, and it has made a huge difference in her health and personality!”
Fifi was exhibiting most of the symptoms mentioned above.