AFTER TREATMENT – home recovery instructions
You will then be given a full, easy to understand assessment of how the dog presents from a balance, loading and physical stress perspective.
These assessments are generally complex and will change after each treatment. The treatment is not always instant as if conditions are ‘deep-seated’ it will take time for permanent or well established and robust change will take place.
What helps your dog’s recovery is if you are part of the recovery process. Galen Myotherapists will demonstrate to you effective and specific techniques you can use at home to help your dog’s recovery and continued maintenance. This is something unique to Galen Myotherapy.
You will also be given a Home Recovery Plan which is a detailed plan specific to your dog. The plan will include:
- Suggestions on post treatment management
- Suggested exercise regime
- Measurable changes, how both the client and the therapist can ‘measure’ your dog’s improvement.
- Hands-on treatments the client can do at home (this is vital as we witness a far higher and quicker recovery if clients do this)
- Expectations of how the treatment will affect the dog, directly after and in the interim.
- Possibly exercises that can be given to encourage recovery